Box Jump: 1 RM - 46" goal is to hit 50"
Then:
2000 Meter Row - 7:40
The row....balls out. Coach Steve behind me for the entire row. Not allowing me to do any thing less but my absolute best.
Thinking about the next stroke. Form was good. Nice pulling good wattage, retracting that bar from my chest as fast and smooth as possible, pushing with my legs - getting full extension.
Mouth got extremely dry. About 100 things going through my head. Part of my life was flickering in front of my eyes, was i going to live to tell about this? Would I be heaving? Was i going to stop breathing? Gawd it felt good. Embracing that pain.
Good work Chris.
Good work Chris. I can so echo your comments, I would have totally given up if it weren't for Steve standing behind me pushing me. The thought that was flickering through my mind was "please don't puke!" I definitely need to learn to embrace the rowing - hasn't happened yet!
ReplyDelete