Wednesday, November 11, 2009

11-11-09


Team WOD - Hero WOD

300 Pull ups

500 Push ups

400 Sit ups

600 squats


then to commemorate 133 Canadian Soldiers who have sacrificed their lives:

111 seconds 90 degree wall stand

111 seconds plank

- in silence in remembrance

That last part was definitely powerful and humbling in the sense of such a short time for us to suffer during this workout as many do that everyday to stay alive.


11-10-09


Press 5-5-5-5-5

maxed out at 130.


Then

4 Rounds of:

Max reps push ups

Max DU's


151.


Scored 70 on my first round - but on my 3rd DU round i wasn't concentrating and failed at 4 du's - fuck I was disappointed - not mad or let down - but just disappointed.

I have been practicing these DU's because if you can get a string of 30 - 50 going on whatever the WOD is it really helps your position to score/time REALLY well.


Working on handstands too. Holding that static hollow position for a couple of reps during cool down and always incorporating HSPU's into my warm up. I think it is helping.


Working on GHD sit ups. engaging and firing my core with my quads - trying to move that GHD machine forward as i come up.


Working on rowing. Rowing turns everything on in your entire body - from your mind to your lungs right down to your calf muscles. Concentrating on efficient strokes no pause at my extension - hitting the bar to my chest and releasing it quickly.


Working on my kipping. got a little complacent with just getting up and not really KIPPING - whipping my hips - pushing off the bar is helping - when think of it. today's hero i really emphasised those two movements and they were getting easier as the wod progressed.


11-08-09


3 rounds for time of:

20 front squats 1/2 bw - opted for 35 lb KB's (45lb would have been rx)

600 Meter Row


11:27


totally gassed. Esp on the last round of rowing - i was just sitting there totally losing it. My lungs were full my breathing was all over the place my arms were resting on my knees then "LETS GO CHRIS" from two rowers over - FUCKING A! So Lets go Chris i did...finished 11:27. I would have been in the 12's or 13's if MLC didnt shout that out to me.

Crossfit rocks - people who crossfit rock.

I cannot see my life with out it.


My pants don't fit anymore - serioulsly they fall right the fuck off.

My body has taken on its proper shape.

I am stronger than ever.


AM

2 cups coffee - black - always black

scrambled eggs w/broccoli/cheese

yogurt
I wish there was cheese and chocolate in that pyramid.

WOD


Post WOD

Suasage

Salad w/tomato/cheese cucumber - little bit of 1,000 island - just a lil.


4 pm

2 cups coffee

water

trail mix nuts - some m and m's in there too.

4 graham crackers


supper

grilled chicken breast - george forman type grill - panini grill if you will

steamed brocolli

water

apple sauce

1 hard boiled egg


9pm snack

carrots and dip

two squirts of honey - from bottle into my mouth



1 comment:

  1. Ah Chris, that made my eyes well up a bit. To have the words come out of my mouth to make such a difference, that is an amazing feeling. I thank you.

    As for your diet, I am going write up some notes for you and we will talk the next time I see you.

    ReplyDelete